STATEMENT OF RENTAL POLICY
- WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY HOUSING PROVIDER. We
comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act and all applicable
State housing laws. We do not discriminate against any
person because of race, color, religion, sex, affectional
or sexual orientation, disability, familial status, national
origin, or source of income.
- APARTMENT AVAILABILITY POLICY. Apartments,
which become vacant, will not be available to recent applicants
until everyone on our waiting list is accommodated, in
the event that there is a waiting list. Approved applications
will be placed on a chronological waiting list in the order
in which they were received.
- OCCUPANCY GUIDELINES. To prevent overcrowding
and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems,
we have a policy that limits the number of people who may
reside in an apartment. We allow 3 persons per 1 bedroom,
and 4 persons per 2 bedroom apartment.
- RENTAL CRITERIA. To qualify for an
apartment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Income. Applicant must have a yearly
income in excess of $25,000 for a 1-bedroom
and $30,000 or a 2-bedroom. We will consider all legal,
verifiable sources of income that are deemed to be reliable
and long lasting in nature.
- Rental history. You must have a satisfactory
rental history. If you have ever been evicted or sued
for any lease violation, we will reject your application.
- Credit history. Any adult over the age of 18 residing in the apartment must complete a credit check. (Any student 18 or over living with a parent or guardian will not be subject to a credit check. Proof of full-time status is required. Student exemption does not pertain to the qualifying applicant.) Your credit record must be satisfactory. The following will disqualify the applicant: No established credit or the applicant’s credit score may not exceed 500 from the credit bureau contracted by Middlebrook Management. In the event of poor credit a lower score may be rejected by management. 1 bankruptcy or public record within 5 years prior to the application or any dismissed bankruptcy within 5 years of the application: or unpaid judgments or credit accounts. Any bankruptcy that is more than 5 years old must have zero accounts that are currently delinquent. Any more than 2 accounts past due will disqualify the applicant.
- Criminal history. If you have ever
been convicted of a felony or a crime of the fourth degree
or greater, we will reject your application. If you have
been convicted of a misdemeanor, or a disorderly person’s
offence involving dishonesty, property damage, or violence
within the past 5 years, we will eject your application.
- Co-signer. We do not accept
co-signers under any circumstances.
- Residence. The applicant must be
the person residing in the apartment.
- Social Security. All applicants must
have a social security number.
- APPLICATION PROCESS. We evaluate every
tenancy application in the following manner: You must submit
a rental application and answer all questions on
the form. Incomplete applications will be returned to the
applicant one time only for correction. If they remain
incomplete the application will be rejected. Once a completed
application is received, along with a $25.00 money order
per applicant for credit/criminal check, your application
will then be processed with our credit office. Once your
application is approved/rejected our rental office will
notify you. At that time an apartment will be offered to
you if available. If you accept said apartment you will
be required to bring in a $200.00 non-refundable deposit
to hold said apartment for you.